Traditional & Modern Anniversary Gifts
|Traditional Gift – UK||Pottery|
|Traditional Gift – US||Pottery|
|Traditional Gift – Spain||Clay|
|Traditional Gift – Germany||Ceramic|
|Traditional Gift – Russia||Pottery|
|Traditional Gift – France||Faience|
|Traditional Gift – Italy||Clay|
|Flower Gift||Bird of Paradise|
|Gemstone Gift||Lapis Lazuli|
About 9th Wedding Anniversaries
Can you believe that the two of you have shared almost a decade of marriage together, reason enough to find a lovely and personal anniversary gift for your loved one?
What is the 9th Wedding Anniversary name and Symbol?
The traditional gifts for a 9th wedding anniversary are pottery, moulded from a lump of clay and turned into a beautiful object, and willow, a slender and graceful tree, producing pliant branches which are used in the making of baskets.
9th Wedding anniversary Gifts for Him, Her and the Couple
There are many places where one can purchase beautiful pottery and willow gifts, but maybe your budget restricts you from planning a break, then maybe some handcrafted object from willow or a stunning piece of pottery can make an unusual and romantic gift.
The colour of the 9th wedding anniversary is terracotta, representing warmth and comforts of home, maybe because as the couple celebrate 9 years together they are warm and comfortable in their marriage.
Items of jewellery are always popular gifts and the gemstones for the 9th wedding anniversary are Lapis Lazuli, a stone which the Romans believed to be a powerful aphrodisiac, and the Amethyst known for its properties of protection, will be treasured always.
The flowers traditionally known for 9th wedding anniversaries are the Poppy, a symbol of dreaminess and eternal sleep, and combined with the Bird of Paradise, symbol faithfulness and joyfulness, can make a stunning floral bouquet reaffirming your vows exchanged at the beginning of your marriage.
9th Wedding anniversary gifts for Him
What can I buy my husband for our 9th wedding anniversary?
On a Budget. Traditional & Modern
- Quirky Coffee or Tea Mug (personalised).
- Ceramic Anniversary Fund savings Bank (save that loose change for the coming anniversaries).
- Sporting Ceramic fun figures.
- Ceramic pendant with leather necklace.
- Personalised ceramic key dish.
9th Wedding anniversary gifts for Her
What should I buy my wife on our 9th wedding anniversary?
On a Budget
- Willow Basket (maybe add a few beauty products).
- Ceramic Ring Holder.
- Ceramic kitchen spoon rest (Personalised message).
- Ceramic and leather bangles.
- Pottery picture frame (if you now have children add a family portrait).
9th Wedding Anniversary gifts for Him & Her
Travel & Experience Gifts
- Location visit.
- Travel Gift Vouchers.
- Special 9th wedding anniversary location and meal.
- Luxury afternoon tea for 2 after visiting a pottery.
- One Day Potter’s Wheel Workshop.
- Luxury Spa Day for Two.
Jewellery. Traditional gem is Lapis Lazuli
- Tie Pin.
Something Different & Unique
- Ceramic Planters.
- Local arts & crafts course (pottery or willow basket making).
- Chill day at the seaside.
- Celebration Party at home or a local pub or restaurant.
The bond of a marriage can take various forms, it is a journey of two people and at times it may be bumpy or smooth, but as long as the couple travel the journey together they will learn of the rewards a strong and happy marriage can bring.
Enjoy your 9th anniversary reflecting on the memories that you have shared since you exchanged vows on your wedding day.