Traditional, Modern and Symbolic Anniversary Gifts
Below is a list of both traditional and modern gift materials, as well as classic flower and gemstone symbols, which mark a couple’s 57th wedding anniversary in countries around the world…
|Traditional Gift – UK||No traditional gift|
|Traditional Gift – US||No traditional gift|
|Traditional Gift – Australia||No traditional gift|
|Traditional Gift – Canada||No traditional gift|
|Traditional Gift – Spain||No traditional gift|
|Traditional Gift – Germany||No traditional gift|
|Traditional Gift – France||Azalea|
|Traditional Gift – Italy||No traditional gift|
|Gemstone Gift||No traditional gemstone|
|Modern Gift||Glass or Mirror|
- About 57th Wedding Anniversaries
- How to Celebrate a 57th Wedding Anniversary
- Common Questions About the 57th Wedding Anniversary
- 57th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him
- 57th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Her
- 57th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him, Her… and Parents
About 57th Wedding Anniversaries
The 57th wedding anniversary might not be identified with any traditional symbolic gifts, but an excellent modern alternative is glass or a mirror. After a couple have been being married for 57 years, anniversary gifts will probably tend towards the simple rather than the lavish. Nevertheless, they can still be full of rich meaning and enduring love.
For parents and grandparents, especially, their marriage will have evolved significantly over time, and their understanding of each other’s likes will be finely tuned. Gift selection should, therefore, be less complicated – but most of us still welcome a little help. Read on if you would like some inspiration…
How to Celebrate a 57th Wedding Anniversary
Being taken out for a meal is always a special treat and, if joined by all the family, you would certainly make it an anniversary to remember.
Some families may need to book a whole restaurant, as their numbers have grown over the years. This would need some planning in advance, as some family members may be abroad. But well worth the effort, as this is a great way to celebrate with the happy couple, creating new memories for everyone on a day that becomes even more special every year.
I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.” Quoted by: Jimi Hendrix
57th Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas for Him, Her, Parents and Grandparents
After 57 years of marriage, a partner or couple fully deserve to be honoured with a special gift. If you decide to opt for the modern symbol of a mirror or glass, this could be a compact mirror with a personal engraved message for the ladies – and for the men, a glass to match their favourite drink.
If wine is your preferred tipple, buy a set of elegant wine glasses to commemorate the occasion. Make these stand out from others you have at home by purchasing a set in your wedding colours – or shades that match the theme of your kitchen. There is no doubt that, every time you drink from these glasses, you will fondly remember your 57th wedding anniversary.
Alternatively, look for an item of glass art, which are always great gifts for a couple celebrating their 57th anniversary. You could, for example, purchase a beautiful glass vase and add an extra attractive touch by including a bunch of flowers.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT THE 57TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
Q: What is the 57th wedding anniversary called?
A: The 57th wedding anniversary does not have a specific name associated with it.
Q: What is the 57th wedding anniversary gemstone?
A: The 57th wedding anniversary does not have a specific gemstone, by all means choose from a favourite for this year is you wish.
Q: What is the 57th wedding anniversary symbol?
A: The 57th wedding anniversary does not have a symbol, if it was going to have any symbolic meaning it would be glass or a mirror.
Q: What does the 57th wedding anniversary mean?
A: The 57th wedding anniversary does not have a specific meaning, well done and many congratulations on another momentous wedding anniversary date to add to your ever growing list.
Q: What are the traditional and modern gifts for a 57th wedding anniversary?
A: There is no traditional gift for the 57th wedding anniversary, however the modern gift is glass or a mirror.
Q: What is the 57th year anniversary flower?
A: The 57th wedding anniversary flower is the Azalea, known to represent family and familial duty but can also symbolize wealth and elegance.
57th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him
What can I buy my husband for our 57th wedding anniversary?
These gift ideas are ideal for spouses as well as parents and grandparents celebrating their 57th anniversary. Tailor your gifts around their special interests and activities.
On a Budget…
- Sports accessories (equipment, golf balls, clothing, etc.)
- Gift vouchers (books, gadgets… almost anything)
- Personalised drinking glass (depends on his favourite tipple)
- Puzzles and games
- Conundrum wine decanter
57th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Her
What should I buy my wife on our 57th wedding anniversary?
Check out our other anniversary pages for additional gift ideas.
57th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him, Her and Parents
Travel & Experience Gifts
- Location visit
- Travel and activity gift vouchers
- Adventure days
- Food and drink (afternoon tea for two)
- Country house stay and dinner for two
- Escape to the country (many locations to choose from)
- Luxury spa day for two
- Champagne afternoon tea for two
There is no traditional 57th wedding anniversary gemstone, so let your creativity flow.
- Tie Pin
For Something Slightly Different…
- It wouldn’t take much encouragement for most couples to plan a trip to the city of romance and gondolas. However, this year one additional reason for heading to Venice would be including an excursion to Murano Island to view glass-blowing in all its splendour and discover more about the history of this craft at the Museo del Vetro.
- For more intrepid travellers, Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia is the world’s largest mirror (10,000 square kilometres and 129 kilometres across). Eight times the size of New York City, the salt flat has a reflective surface when covered with water – hence its popular description as “the place where Heaven meets Earth”. Oh yes, and it was also featured in an epic battle scene in Star Wars: The Last Jedi (the showdown at Crait).
Buying gifts for a couple married for 57 years does not have to be extravagant and expensive. After all, by now, they probably have all they need in life – and just being together is the best gift of all.
About The Author
This page has been written by Justin Aldridge. Justin is passionate about helping couples to make their anniversary as special as possible. Justin enjoys being creative and coming up with different and inspiring ideas for couples to celebrate their anniversary in style each year.