Traditional, Modern and Symbolic Anniversary Gifts
Below is a list of both traditional and modern gift materials, as well as classic flower and gemstone symbols, which mark a couple’s 52nd wedding anniversary in countries around the world…
|Traditional Gift – UK||No traditional gift|
|Traditional Gift – US||No traditional gift|
|Traditional Gift – Spain||No traditional gift|
|Traditional Gift – Germany||Topaz|
|Traditional Gift – Russia||No traditional gift|
|Traditional Gift – France||Tourmaline|
|Traditional Gift – Italy||No traditional gift|
|Flower Gift||Bouquet of 52 Flowers|
|Gemstone Gift||Star Ruby|
|Modern Gift||Star Ruby|
About 52nd Wedding Anniversaries
You can’t claim to be newlyweds any more, but there are still many good reasons to celebrate your 52nd wedding anniversary in style. Fifty-two of them, at least…
This celebratory year is marked, in these modern times, by an exquisite gemstone: the star ruby. Referred to as the eternal gemstone, the star ruby has been revered in many cultures throughout history and is universally recognised as a talisman of passion, protection and prosperity.
The star ruby symbolises the sun, and its glowing hue suggests an inextinguishable flame within the gemstone which – according to legend – shines through even the thickest clothing and cannot be hidden.
Every season hath its pleasure; Spring may boast her flowery prime, Yet the vineyard’s ruby treasuries Brighten Autumn’s sob’rer time.” Quoted by: Thomas Moore
How to Celebrate a 52nd Wedding Anniversary
Traditionally, the two of you will be looking forward to celebrating this milestone with a romantic dinner or party. This year, however, why not up the stakes and plan a holiday to the place where you first met or were married. Or to any bucket list holiday spot you’ve always wanted to visit but have never had the chance. – until now.
This is also a great gift for children to give their parents. Show your appreciation and love by paying for their travel arrangements, accommodation, tour excursions, and any other special activities and events offered at the destination.
52nd Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas for Him, Her, Parents and Grandparents
You can choose from a wonderful variety of star ruby jewellery that includes earrings, bracelets and necklaces. However, the most popular items are rings and pendants.
So, even though there is no tradition symbol this year, you can still surprise your spouse with a glittering and long-lasting 52nd wedding anniversary gift.
Bella Bouquet – £39.99, Serenata Flowers
52nd Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him
What can I buy my husband for our 52nd wedding anniversary?
Citizen Men’s Limited Edition Watch – £479.20, Acotis
Vintage Ports From – £30.00, Vintage Wines & Ports
Pyro Master Kit Art – £25.00, Menkind
British & Irish Lions Shirt – £64.99, Lovell Rugby
These gift ideas are also ideal for parents and grandparents celebrating their 52nd wedding anniversary. Tailor your gifts around their special interests and activities.
Dutch Brew Beer Making Set – £45.00, Menkind
G&B Organic Ultimate Bar Gift Set – £25.00, G&B
300-Piece Poker Set – £30.00, Menkind
Digital Golf Distance Finder – £35.00, Menkind
52nd Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Her
What should I buy my wife on our 52nd wedding anniversary?
Open Eye Link Yellow Gold Bracelet – £348.00, Acotis
Louis Roederer Brut Premier Champagne Gift Set – £79.95, VW
Handcrafted Spring Flowers Basket – £99.00, Belleek
Bath & Body Gifts From – £32.00, Body Shop
We hope you like our gift suggestions. We also invite you to check out our other anniversary pages for hundreds of additional ideas.
Luxury Bath Melts Collection – £23.00, Prezzybox
Luxury Chocolate Truffles – £36.50, Love Cocoa
The Wicked Wit of Queen Elizabeth II – £9.99, Menkind
Strutting Peacock Solar Light – £27.99, Selections
52nd Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him, Her, Parents… and Other Couples
Family Photo Book – £42.99, Snapfish
Malmesbury Tree Bench – £84.99, Selections
Dorchester Vase – £95.00, Royal Doulton
Super Mega Fudge Hamper – £29.99, Funky Hampers
Travel & Experience Gifts
Two Night Superb Stays Gift Box – £179.99, RLD
Amazing Adventures Gift Box – £99.99, RLD
- Location visit
- Travel and activity gift vouchers
- Adventure days
- Food and drink (afternoon tea for two)
- Country house stay and dinner for two
- Escape to the country (many locations to choose from)
- Luxury spa day for two
- Afternoon tea on the Belmond Northern Belle
The traditional 52nd anniversary gemstone is star ruby.
- Tie Pin
5-Star Facts about the Ruby
- The star ruby is a rare variety of the ruby gemstone, displaying a sharp six-rayed star that seems to glide across the surface when the stone moves.
- Star-effect (or “asterism”) is caused by dense inclusions of tiny, needle-like fibres of rutile (“silk”), aligned perpendicular to the rays of the star.
- Rubies are usually red, but not the star ruby, which tends to be available in a pinkish-red, purplish-red or purplish-brown hue.
- Currently, of every 100 rough corundum (ruby and sapphire) mined, only three will have apparent stars after being cut into cabochons: one will feature a poor colour but a good star; another a poor star but a good colour; and only one out of 100 both a good star and a good colour.
- The majority of rough rubies that can be cut into stars are mined in Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Thailand, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Australia, Cambodia, the United States, and most commonly Africa and India.
For Something Slightly Different…
- Star rubies are said to have been worn by knights on the battlefields to protect themselves from the enemy. In Karnataka (India) a traditional tale claims that, if star rubies are worn as a visible pendant or a headgear, anyone who faces you as an enemy loses half their courage. While not suggesting you should go into battle, how about visiting India to explore the power of the star ruby – which apparently is at its highest during full moon. Quite appropriate for a romantic 52nd wedding anniversary dinner under the stars…
Whether in the familiar comfort of home, or fossicking in a mine in Rubyvale (Australia), take this opportunity to reflect on all the treasured years you have spent together.