Traditional & Modern Anniversary Gifts
|Traditional Gift – UK||No traditional gift|
|Traditional Gift – US||No traditional gift|
|Traditional Gift – Spain||Feldspar|
|Traditional Gift – Germany||Amethyst|
|Traditional Gift – Russia||Amethyst|
|Traditional Gift – France||Amethyst|
|Traditional Gift – Italy||Feldspar|
|Modern Gift||Optical Goods|
About 48th Wedding Anniversaries
Many congratulations on your 48th wedding anniversary, this makes you and your loved one quite unique.
By now you have been married for 17,520 days or 420,480 hours or 25,228,800 minutes which is over 1,513 million seconds! During this time you would have spent on average 131,400 hours snuggle time (sleeping), and surely know everything there is to know about each other. You would have by now shared about 38,200 meals together which equates to approximately 2 years, 6 months of continuous eating!
This milestone achievement deserves celebration.
What is the 48th wedding anniversary name and symbol?
Many anniversaries have traditional themes such as gemstones and flowers associated with them, but surprisingly there are none for this special occasion.
48th wedding anniversary gift ideas for him, her, parents and grandparents
There is a modern day alternative suggestion of optical goods for the 48th wedding anniversary. This modern day theme means that you could buy your partner some new prescription glasses, or a pair of designer sunglasses that your partner will cherish.
The gift of a telescope would be in keeping with the optical theme and you could share many hours together star gazing.
As there are no particular flowers or gemstones associated with 48 years of marriage you can always surprise them their own personal favourite flower or gemstone making this wonderful gift unique and memorable.
How to celebrate 48th wedding anniversary
Why not celebrate with an intimate dinner for two at your favourite restaurant or simply celebrate at home with your favourite take away meal and a bottle of chilled champagne.
It could be that time together would be your preferred gift so why not plan a short break based around the optical theme. Unfortunately, the Hubble telescope is not open to the public, but you could plan your trip around a visit to a planetarium.
48th Wedding anniversary gifts for Him
What can I buy my husband for our 48th wedding anniversary?
These gift ideas can also be for parents and grandchildren for a 48th anniversary.
On a Budget. Traditional & Modern
- Sports accessories (golf balls, tennis balls, clothing etc.).
- Magnifying glass (for hobbies and reading the small print).
- Gift vouchers (for new glasses/sunglasses).
- Soothing night light (aura borealis light & speaker.
- Digital camera (technology has reduced size and increased quality).
48th Wedding anniversary gifts for Her
What should I buy my wife on our 48th wedding anniversary?
On a Budget
- Bouquet mixed flowers.
- Hand bag light with sensor.
- Gift of style (painted glass figurine).
- Creative gift (learn coloured glass making).
- New glasses or sunglasses.
48th Wedding Anniversary gifts for Him & Her
Travel & Experience Gifts
- Location visit.
- Travel & Activity Gift Vouchers.
- Adventure days.
- Food & Drink (afternoon tea for 2).
- Country house stay and dinner for 2.
- Escape to the Country (We have many locations to choose from).
- Luxury Spa Day for Two.
- Theatre and Cinema (not all of us are bookworms).
Jewellery. Traditional gem, Feldspar
- Tie Pin.
Something Different & Unique
- Location visit (Venice home to Murano glass).
- Visit a glass makers.
- Visit a country or location on your bucket list.
- Revisit a place from your early days together.
Whatever you decide, be sure to celebrate your 48th wedding anniversary with love and romance.