Traditional & Modern Anniversary Gifts
|Traditional Gift – UK||No traditional gift|
|Traditional Gift – US||No traditional gift|
|Traditional Gift – Spain||Amethyst|
|Traditional Gift – Germany||Cashmere|
|Traditional Gift – Russia||Cashmere|
|Traditional Gift – France||Cashmere|
|Traditional Gift – Italy||Amethyst|
About 47th Wedding Anniversaries
Congratulations on your 47th wedding anniversary, this incredible achievement is definitely worthy of celebration. Some people believe that numbers have a language of their own and 47 translates to playful, this could be coincidental, but couples who reach this milestone event must have learnt the power of humour in their relationship.
What is the 47th wedding anniversary name and symbol?
There are no traditional themes, gems or materials associated with 47 years of marriage, but there is a modern day alternative of books. From fact to fiction, recipes to history, you can always find a book that would make a personal and thoughtful gift for your loved one.
How to celebrate 47th wedding anniversary
If you’re planning on going away for your wedding anniversary then reading some books while you’re relaxing in the sun is a great way to while away the time.
Maybe your partner has a favourite author, maybe you could track down a first edition. Take a trip to London to visit the British Library, home of many important and valued books.
Alternatively select a location from a favoured novel and plan a break around that.
Take a trip on the Orient Express, where you’ll have plenty of time to relax and read, made even more special because of it being the setting for one of Agatha Christie’s best known novels.
Maybe plan a trip to the Yorkshire dales, home the stories of famous vet James Herriot.
47th wedding anniversary gift ideas for him, her, parents and grandparents
Flowers and jewellery are both wonderful ways to express your feelings and as there are no flowers or gemstones associated with this anniversary, your choice is unlimited. It doesn’t have to be extravagant, but it should be meaningful to you both. Brooches and tie pins both make exceptional gifts, as do bracelets and rings for him and her.
47th Wedding anniversary gifts for Him
What can I buy my husband for our 47th wedding anniversary?
These gift ideas can also be for spouse and grandchildren for a 47th anniversary.
On a Budget. Traditional & Modern
- Sports accessories (golf balls, tennis balls, clothing etc.).
- Personalised leather book mark.
- Gift vouchers (for book, eBooks).
- Book by favourite author.
- Reading book rest.
47th Wedding anniversary gifts for Her
What should I buy my wife on our 47th wedding anniversary?
On a Budget
- Bouquet mixed flowers.
- Books from favourite authors.
- Gift of style, antique clothing, hand painted silk scarf.
- Creative gift (vouchers for a new skill lessons).
- Book of memories (fill this with family pictures, quotes and funny jokes from over the years).
47th Wedding Anniversary gifts for Him & Her
Travel & Experience Gifts
- Location visit.
- Travel & Activity Gift Vouchers.
- Adventure days.
- Food & Drink (afternoon tea for 2).
- Country house stay and dinner for 2.
- Escape to the Country (We have many locations to choose from).
- Luxury Spa Day for Two.
- Theatre and Cinema (not all of us are bookworms).
Jewellery. Traditional gem, Amethyst
- Tie Pin.
Something Different & Unique
- Visit the home and area of a famous author.
- Learn how to write your own book.
- Visit a country or location on your bucket list.
- Revisit a place from your early days together.
- Celebration Party at home or at a local restaurant (maybe the grandchildren could organise this).
Whatever you choose, make sure you celebrate your 47th anniversary with love and romance and enjoy your special day.