Traditional & Modern Anniversary Gifts
|Traditional Gift – UK||No traditional gift|
|Traditional Gift – US||No traditional gift|
|Traditional Gift – Spain||Nacre|
|Traditional Gift – Germany||Lavander|
|Traditional Gift – Russia||Lavender|
|Traditional Gift – France||Lavender|
|Traditional Gift – Italy||Pearl|
About 46th Wedding Anniversaries
What is the 46th wedding anniversary name and symbol?
Many congratulations on celebrating your 46th anniversary, many anniversaries have traditional gemstones or precious metals associated with them, the 46th does not. It does have a modern day alternative symbol of poetry. So be creative and make sure this momentous event is commemorated.
If you have a favourite poem that mentions or reflects an area of meaning then why not plan a break to visit the area, for example why not visit Ullswater, the place that inspired Wordsworth or take a trip to Farringford on the Isle of Wight, the place where Tennyson wrote a number of his poems.
“My Creed is Love and you are its only tenet.” – John Keats
46th wedding anniversary gift ideas for parents
If poetry really does not appeal to you, then break with tradition and focus on whatever is most meaningful to you and your loved one. Maybe there is a place you have always wanted to visit, but as yet have not, book that trip now and imagine the surprise and excitement your gift will bring.
Flowers are a much loved gift and depending on the time of year dictates what flowers will be available, and if for example your wife adores the daffodil and your anniversary is in the spring, then a bouquet of these beautiful flowers would make the perfect gift.
How to celebrate 46th wedding anniversary
A quite candlelit dinner for two is always a favourite way for a couple to celebrate, why not see if there is a special restaurant or hotel within a 46 mile radius of your home.
You may just wish to celebrate quietly at home together with a nice bottle of wine listening to your favourite poems recorded by you’re an actor you both admire, for example the rich and powerful voice of Richard Burton.
However you celebrate make sure you do it with love and romance, 46 years together is a great achievement so enjoy it together or with family and friends.
46th Wedding anniversary gifts for Him
What can I buy my husband for our 46th wedding anniversary?
These gift ideas can be for spouse and grandchildren for a 46th anniversary.
On a Budget. Traditional & Modern
- Sports accessories (golf balls, tennis balls, clothing etc.).
- New paint brushes (for the artist).
- Gift vouchers (learn a new skill lessons).
- Personalised gadget key chain.
- Secret message wallet bottle opener.
46th Wedding anniversary gifts for Her
What should I buy my wife on our 46th wedding anniversary?
On a Budget
- Bouquet mixed flowers.
- Special gourmet box of chocolates.
- Gift of style, antique clothing, hand painted silk scarf.
- Creative gift (vouchers for a new skill lessons).
- Book of poems.
46th Wedding Anniversary gifts for Him & Her
Travel & Experience Gifts
- Location visit.
- Travel & Activity Gift Vouchers.
- Adventure days.
- Food & Drink (afternoon tea for 2).
- Country house stay and dinner for 2.
- Escape to the Country (We have many locations to choose from).
- Luxury Spa Day for Two.
- Art class and bubbles for 2.
Jewellery. Traditional gem, Pearl
- Tie Pin.
Something Different & Unique
- Visit the home and area of one a famous poet.
- Take poetry lessons.
- Visit a country or location on your bucket list.
- Revisit a place from your early days together.
- Celebration Party at home or at a local restaurant (maybe the grandchildren could organise this).