Traditional & Modern Anniversary Gifts
|Traditional Gift – UK||Sapphire|
|Traditional Gift – US||Sapphire|
|Traditional Gift – Spain||Sapphire|
|Traditional Gift – Germany||Brass|
|Traditional Gift – Russia||Sapphire|
|Traditional Gift – France||Silver Gilt|
|Traditional Gift – Italy||Sapphire|
|Flower Gift||Blue Iris|
About 45th Wedding Anniversaries
What is the 45th wedding anniversary name & symbol?
Congratulations on your 45th wedding anniversary. This is one of the biggest milestones you can achieve and you’re only another five years from your half century together, but this occasion is equally as important. You were obviously made for each other and your love and devotion deserves to be celebrated.
“Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one”.
Quoted by: Friedrich Halm
What is 45th wedding anniversary gift for Him, Her & Parents?
Sapphire is the gem associated with the 45th wedding anniversary and whilst everyone recognises the blue sapphire there are many colours to choose from. Some traces of other elements can affect the colour and there have been many sapphires that are green, orange, purple, pink and even yellow. So, if you’re in the running to buy a sapphire but your spouse doesn’t like blue then fear not.
The other gemstone that is sometimes associated with the 45th wedding anniversary is alexandrite which is just as beautiful as sapphire and equally as rare, either jewel would make the perfect gift.
The flower for the 45th anniversary is the blue iris, symbolising faith and hope. A bouquet of these beautiful proud flowers will be a perfect expression of your love.
You could break with tradition and make that bouquet of flowers out of your own traditional flower. Theme your gift on the colour of blue sapphire, party with blue and silver balloons, gift that keeps giving, charity donations or buy from an ethical company that supports free trade.
How to celebrate a 45th wedding anniversary
Maybe you just wish to celebrate with a night of nostalgia, listening to your favourite music and reliving the beautiful memories from your 45 years together. After all you have been married for 16,425 days or 394,200 hours or 23,652,000 minutes which is over 1,419 million seconds so crack open a favoured bottle of wine or champagne and enjoy reminiscing.
45th Wedding anniversary gifts for Him
What can I buy my husband for our 45th wedding anniversary?
On a Budget. Traditional & Modern
- Love Book (show your wife or partner how much you love them in a book).
- Sports & hobby interest clothing (team shirts, hat, foot-ware etc).
- Blue sapphire coloured figurines.
- Newspaper from the date you got married.
- Quirky gadgets or tablet & phone accessories.
45th Wedding anniversary gifts for Her
What should I buy my wife on our 45th wedding anniversary?
On a Budget
- Sapphire coloured custom jewellery (makes a great and inexpensive gift).
- Sapphire coloured jewellery box.
- Love book.
- Blue comfy night-ware.
- Blue Iris bouquet of flowers.
45th Wedding Anniversary gifts for Him & Her
Travel & Experience Gifts
- Location visit (short or long term, you have earned that special break).
- Travel & Activity Gift Vouchers. (From Red Letter Days)
- Adventure days.
- Food & Drink (Luxury dinning for 2).
- Buckingham Palace State Rooms and Champagne Afternoon Tea for Two.
- Escape to the Country (We have many locations to choose from).
- Luxury Spa Day for Two.
- Concert or maybe to the cinema (you must try 3D if not already).
- Steam train experience with lunch.
Jewellery. Traditional gem is Sapphire
- Tie Pin.
Something Different & Unique
- City break (plan a tour of Europe’s beautiful cities).
- Dance or craft lessons.
- Music festival.
- Celebration Party at home or a local restaurant, Children may organise this as a surprise for their parents.
Your celebrations do not have to be extravagant, the important thing is to commemorate your special day in your own unique way and to enjoy yourselves together.