Traditional, Modern and Symbolic Anniversary Gifts
Below is a list of both traditional and modern gift materials, as well as classic flower and gemstone symbols, which mark a couple’s 44th wedding anniversary in countries around the world…
|Traditional Gift – UK||No traditional gift|
|Traditional Gift – US||No traditional gift|
|Traditional Gift – Spain||Turquoise|
|Traditional Gift – Germany||Star Theme|
|Traditional Gift – Russia||Topaz|
|Traditional Gift – France||Topaz|
|Traditional Gift – Italy||Turquoise|
|Flower Gift||Mixed bouquet of past anniversary flowers|
About 44th Wedding Anniversaries
Your 44th wedding anniversary marks many wonderful years together and a flood of poignant memories recalling your special wedding day. This definitely calls for a celebration, even though you might already be thinking about how to mark another major milestone – your 45th – next year.
This is variously described as the Gourmet Anniversary or Grocery Anniversary. Whichever is traditionally more accurate, the 44th anniversary is unquestionably symbolised by food and is worthy of a grand gastronomic celebration.
How to Celebrate a 44th wedding Anniversary
If you have not enjoyed the pleasure yet, now could be the ideal time to visit a Michelin-star restaurant and savour a gourmet meal.
Alternatively, you could buy some gourmet ingredients and cook your own lavish meal at home – sitting at a dining table set with your finest silverware and reminiscing together over a bottle of excellent wine. Depending on the time of year, you could enjoy your meal outside and watch the sun set on a memorable evening – just for two.
Love doesn’t sit there like a stone; it has to be made, like bread; remade all of the time, made new.” Quoted by: Ursula K. Le Guin
44th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him, Her… and the Couple
There are no specific flowers associated with 44 years of marriage, but say it with flowers anyway. A mixed bunch comprising flowers represented by treasured past anniversaries will make a stunningly romantic and thoughtful gift.
Jewellery is always a favourite, although there is no traditional gemstone or precious metal universally attributed to this anniversary (apart from turquoise in some countries).
So, maybe commission a special ring featuring your loved one’s birthstone, or buy that watch he saw when you were out together one day. Both would add a wonderfully romantic touch to this year’s celebrations.
44th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him
What can I buy my husband for our 44th wedding anniversary? Try our food and drink suggestions below for this year’s gift.
Let us now suggest some gourmet food and drink gifts for his 44th anniversary gift…
44th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Her
What should I buy my wife on our 44th wedding anniversary?
We have hundreds more anniversary gift ideas and suggestions on our other anniversary pages if you cannot find what you’re looking for here.
44th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him, Her, Parents… and Other Couples
Travel & Experience Gifts
- Location visit
- Travel and activity gift vouchers
- Adventure days
- Food and drink (afternoon tea for two)
- Country house stay and dinner for two
- Escape to the country (many locations to choose from)
- Luxury spa day for two
The traditional 44th wedding anniversary gemstone (in some countries) is turquoise.
- Tie Pin
Something Different & Unique
- Visit Paris and its many fine patisseries.
- Indulge yourselves with some exquisite handmade Belgian chocolates, visiting a chocolatier and selecting your own favourites.
- Tour a luxury chocolate workshop (with bubbly) for two.
- Think of your favorite national cuisine, and visit that country for a culinary getaway (pasta in Italy, for example).
- Let your grandchildren know you would be quite happy for them to showcase their own culinary skills and organise this year’s celebration party.
Whether you revisit a cherished place from your early days together, or simply relax over a candlelit gourmet diner at home, make sure this 44th anniversary is the perfect stepping stone to next year’s big 45th.
5 of the UK’s Finest Michelin-Star Restaurants
After 44 years together, you richly deserve treating yourselves to the culinary splendour of dinner at a Michelin-star restaurant. Here are five that have been honoured with the highest three-star distinction…
- The Fat Duck (Berkshire) – celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2021, with an “Anthology Menu” of chef Heston Blumethal’s classic dishes and multi-sensory cooking.
- Waterside Inn (Maidenhead): picture-postcard setting on the banks of the Thames, offering classic French cuisine by Alain Roux.
- CORE by Clare Smyth (London) – modern dishes created to deliver superb flavours and textures in an understated style, with impeccably smooth service.
- Hélène Darroze at The Connaught (London) – relaxed ambience with a culinary focus on the main ingredient, including lobster from Cornwall and grouse from Wales.
- Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester (London) – the best of British produce, visually striking dishes and sumptuous sauces, in elegant surroundings.