Traditional & Modern Anniversary Gifts
|Traditional Gift – UK||Ruby|
|Traditional Gift – US||Ruby|
|Traditional Gift – Spain||Ruby|
|Traditional Gift – Germany||Ruby|
|Traditional Gift – Russia||Ruby|
|Traditional Gift – France||Emerald|
|Traditional Gift – Italy||Ruby|
About 40th Wedding Anniversaries
What is the 40th wedding anniversary name & symbol?
Many congratulations on your 40th wedding anniversary, known as the ruby anniversary. The ruby symbolizes love and passion, much needed qualities for a couple who have spent 40 years together. It is one of the most coveted gemstones of all and within the heart of this gemstone is thought to lie a flame of fire that grows brighter with each passing year, just as the flame of a forty year marriage.
How to celebrate a 40th wedding anniversary
The 40th wedding anniversary or ruby anniversary is an extra special one, good reason to celebrate.
The flowers representative of the 40th anniversary are the nasturtium, symbolising patriotism, conquest, victory and impetuous love, all great attributes that a couple need to reach this milestone anniversary.
The other flower is the gladioli, symbol of strength of character and attracting love. Both these flowers bloom in a multitude of colours, and whether you are the special couple celebrating your 40th or you have been invited to a 40th wedding anniversary party a bouquet of 40 ruby red gladioli will make a stunning and thoughtful gift.
What is 40th wedding anniversary gift for Him, Her & Parents?
If you’re considering a party for your celebration, then why not have table decorations made up of both gladioli and nasturtium, and them the music to songs that were popular from the year that you exchanged your vows?
If you’ve never taken a second honeymoon before, the 40th anniversary is a great time to consider one. If you have already, well maybe it’s time for a third honeymoon! If you both enjoy golf why not visit the Bahamas and play a round on the Ruby Golf Course, or simply visit a place you both have treasured memories of.
Jewellery is a favoured gift for the 40th wedding anniversary, maybe a heart shaped ruby pendant and some ruby cufflinks, or matching eternity rings mounted with rubies.
40th Wedding anniversary gifts for Him
What can I buy my husband for our 40th wedding anniversary?
On a Budget. Traditional & Modern
- Witty themed T Shirt (themed around the 40th anniversary of course).
- Coral or Jade coloured clothing (Keep the colours subtle, golfers wear these colours).
- Coral stone figurines (dolphin or sea themed).
- Newspaper from the date you got married.
- Sports or hobby related gifts (golfer, fisherman, spectator etc).
40th Wedding anniversary gifts for Her
What should I buy my wife on our 40th wedding anniversary?
On a Budget
- Coral custom jewellery (makes a great and inexpensive gift).
- Coral or Jade coloured jewellery box.
- Modern Jade themed watch.
- Coral or Jade coloured clothing and accessories.
- Coral coloured bouquet of flowers.
40th Wedding Anniversary gifts for Him & Her
Travel & Experience Gifts
- Location visit (return to your honeymoon location and relive the passion).
- Travel & Activity Gift Vouchers. (From Red Letter Days)
- Adventure days.
- Food & Drink (Luxury dinning for 2).
- Chocolate making master class.
- Escape to the Country (We have many locations to choose from).
- Luxury Spa Day for Two.
- Concert or maybe to the cinema (you must try 3D if not already).
VIP foodies festival for 2.
Jewellery. Traditional gem is Ruby
- Tie Pin.
Something Different & Unique
- City break (plan a tour of Europe’s beautiful cities).
- Luxury hotel weekend.
- Dance lessons.
- Jazz weekend away.
- Celebration Party at home or a local restaurant, Children may organise this as a surprise for their parents.
Whatever you decide, be sure to commemorate this special event with love and romance and most importantly enjoy your day.