Traditional, Modern and Symbolic Anniversary Gifts
Below is a list of both traditional and modern gift materials, as well as classic flower and gemstone symbols, which mark a couple’s 32nd wedding anniversary in countries around the world…
|Traditional Gift – UK||No Traditional Gift|
|Traditional Gift – US||No Traditional Gift|
|Traditional Gift – Spain||Copper|
|Traditional Gift – Germany||Lapis Lazuli|
|Traditional Gift – Russia||Copper|
|Traditional Gift – France||Copper|
|Traditional Gift – Italy||Copper|
|Flower Gift||Copper Coloured Flowers|
|Gemstone Gift||Lapis Lazuli|
|Modern Gift||Car & Accessories|
About 32nd Wedding Anniversaries
Each year of marriage brings wonderful new memories, all of which (for many couples) can be enjoyed with an expanding family after 32 years together.
Even though there are no traditional gift symbols associated with the 32nd wedding anniversary, there is a modern equivalent that is both appropriate and timely to help you stay in touch with family members and long-time friends.
Convenient and reliable transport is essential when the family has started to disperse to other suburbs and towns – and also if you and your partner enjoy changing the scenery with regular weekend getaways. So… perhaps time to upgrade your current mode of transport?
How to Celebrate a 32nd Wedding Anniversary
If you want to surprise your wife with a car as a 32nd wedding anniversary gift, first of all make sure it is in her favourite colour. Also, it should include special features she would find personally useful and appealing.
An interior adorned with the light-coloured faux leather she fancies, for example, or the latest high-tech media player to listen to her (and your) favorite tunes as you drive to a cool new boutique hotel on your next trip away.
If a car is not quite on-budget this year, less-expensive 32nd anniversary treats could include top-of-the-range car air fresheners in her favourite scent, floor mats embroidered with her initials or an updated GPS system – ideal for keeping any co-navigating arguments at bay.
Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.” Quoted by Lewis Carroll
32nd Wedding Anniversary Gift for Him, Her… and the Couple
By now, you should be fully aware of what your partner likes after 32 years together, so alternatively you could buy a non-motoring gift that relates to when you first met, a beautiful reminder of young love. Or take a short break to a special location you have both always wanted to visit.
In the absence of any traditional 32nd wedding anniversary gemstones, you could adopt your own modern-day symbol, like lapis lazuli, whose deep celestial blue represents royalty, artistic inspiration and positive energy. Perfect for adding a regal and spiritual touch to any piece of gift jewellery.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT THE 32nd WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
Q: What is the 32nd wedding anniversary called?
A: Although the 32nd wedding anniversary does not have a symbolic name, you can link it with the traditional gemstone gift of lapis lazuli.
Q: What is the 32nd wedding anniversary gemstone?
A: The 32nd wedding anniversary gemstone is lapis lazuli, a symbol of royalty and honour, gods and power, spirit and vision – and a universal symbol of wisdom and truth.
Q: What is the 32nd wedding anniversary symbol?
A: The 32nd wedding anniversary does not have a traditional symbol, but the modern gifts are cars and accessories.
Q: What is the 32nd wedding anniversary colour?
A: The 32nd wedding anniversary colour is not specific, so choose your favourite colour or colours from the copper-coloured flower gifts.
Q: What are the traditional and modern gifts for a 32nd wedding anniversary?
A: The modern gifts for a 32nd wedding anniversary are cars and accessories, as there is no traditional gift for this year’s celebration.
Q: What is the 32nd year anniversary flower?
A: The 32nd wedding anniversary flower, although not specific, can include copper-coloured blooms such as orange roses, sunflowers and chrysanthemums – similar to our recommended bouquet.
32nd Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him
What can I buy my husband for our 32nd wedding anniversary?
Need more wedding anniversary gift suggestions? Check out our gift ideas below…
32nd Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Her
What should I buy my wife on our 32nd wedding anniversary?
We have even more great anniversary gift ideas below…
32nd Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Parents… and Other Couples
Selection of Experience Day Gifts
Travel & Experience Gifts
- Location visit
- Travel and activity gift vouchers
- Adventure days
- Food and drink (afternoon tea for two)
- Escape to the country (many locations to choose from)
- Luxury spa day for two
- Country house getaway (relaxing weekend for two)
- Country pursuits (day at the races, clay pigeon shooting, etc.)
A modern-day 32nd wedding anniversary gemstone is lapis lazuli.
- Tie Pin
Something Different & Unique
- There will still be many beautiful UK cities you have not been able to visit yet… now is the time to start ticking them off your travel bucket list.
- Pack a larger suitcase and head further afield, for a grand tour of Europe’s romantic hotspots – from Paris to Rome.
- Keep it close and convenient, and drive to a picturesque seaside setting for a sumptuous picnic (with or without the family).
- Search the internet for any outdoor drive-in-cinemas still in operation (or making a return, retro-style), stock up on popcorn and re-live blissful younger days.
Whether you get behind the steering wheel for an open-topped weekend getaway or invite friends to a celebratory barbecue at home – or simply buy a thoughtful gift for your partner – the numbers show you really have forged a special and enduring relationship.
For the record, on your 32nd wedding anniversary you would have been married for 11,680 days, or 280,320 hours, or 16,819,200 minutes. Now that is well worth celebrating.
10 Classic Supercars for a Drive Down Memory Lane
If you really want to push out the boat (or car) for this anniversary celebration, you could go down the exotic and luxurious route and indulge yourselves by renting a long-coveted supercar and enjoying a day cruising around the country in style. Here are 10 magnificent options – not in any particular order, we should stress.
- Lamborghini Murcielago: A genuine thoroughbred of supercars, with a top speed of 300 km/h, the Murcielago starred as Bruce Wayne’s motor in the Batman movie Dark Knight.
- Bugatti Chiron: It would have been hard to improve on the Veyron, but Bugatti did with the Chiron in 2016, dazzling car enthusiasts with its unprecedented 1479 horsepower.
- Ferrari F50: This mid-1990s flagship Prancing Horse model was known for both its dramatic styling and its impressive punch.
- Aston Martin V12 Vanquish S: The mid-2000s Vanquish S was the crème de la crème of Aston Martin’s fleet, and the marque’s fastest model until the One-77.
- Jaguar XJ220: In spite of being somewhat underrated as a supercar, the XJ220 made the Guinness Book of Records with a top speed of 341.7 km/h during testing at the Nardo test track in Italy – the fastest production car from 1992 to 1993.
- Porsche Carrera GT: An icon of Porsche history that has stood the test of time, the Carrera GT is noted for its zero to 100km/h acceleration in under four seconds.
- McLaren Senna: Wanting to honour Aryton Senna’s stellar Formula 1 car in style, McLaren set about building one of the world’s most potent and track-focused cars. The Brazilian ace would have been proud…
- Pagani Zonda: With a 7.3 litre Mercedes-AMG V-12 that pumps out 594 horsepower and a state-of-the-art carbon fibre construction, this was the first Pagani unveiled to an admiring motoring world.
- Mercedes SLS AMG: When introduced in 2010, the AMG grand tourer, with its distinctive gullwing doors, had the world’s most powerful production naturally aspirated engine.
- Bentley Continental GT3-R: This opulent luxury grand tourer isn’t just a pretty face – it also offers exceptional power and dynamics.