Traditional & Modern Anniversary Gifts
|Traditional Gift – UK||Cotton|
|Traditional Gift – US||Cotton|
|Traditional Gift – Spain||Cotton|
|Traditional Gift – Germany||Cotton|
|Traditional Gift – Russia||Paper|
|Traditional Gift – France||Leather|
|Traditional Gift – Italy||Cotton|
|Flower Gift||Lily of the Valley|
About 2nd Wedding Anniversaries
What is the 2nd Wedding Anniversary name & Symbol?
Congratulations on your 2nd wedding anniversary or known as the Cotton anniversary. Like the interwoven fibres of cotton, the second year of marriage brings a couple closer together as their lives become increasingly intertwined. And as cotton is at the same time both strong and soft, the couple is learning how to be flexible and adapt to each other’s needs.
The colour for this anniversary is red, this colour is a warm and positive colour associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive. It exudes a strong and powerful masculine energy. It is also strong-willed and can give confidence to those who are shy or lacking in will power.
2nd Wedding anniversary Gifts for Him, Her and the Couple
Another idea is to invest in some cotton-themed art for your home. You might like to buy a canvas print, or even commission an artist to make a really special piece of art for the two of you. You might like to spend a weekend visiting galleries looking for the right piece. If this is a bit out of your budget, you could look for work by emerging or student artists.
China is a modern alternative gift that symbolises the 2nd wedding anniversary and can take many forms from a vase to ornaments.
Perhaps you have a great gift in mind but it’s just not made of cotton? Well, you could simply buy a gorgeous cotton bag and use it to wrap up the gift. It’s a little bit of fun and in keeping with the theme, and an added bonus, it can be used afterwards.
Gemstones can be Garnet or Rose Quartz which will also make a great 2nd wedding anniversary gift.
2nd Wedding anniversary gifts for Him
What gift should I buy my husband on our 2nd wedding anniversary?
Traditionally the 2nd anniversary gift is cotton, with the more modern take being china or porcelain.
On a Budget. Traditional & Modern
- Canvas print (from one of your favourite photos).
- China Tea or Coffee mug (personalised).
- Cotton Sports shirt (football, rugby, basketball team or sport he follows).
- Gift Voucher (clothes, books related to your husbands interest).
- Cotton Tie.
2nd Wedding anniversary gifts for Her
What should I buy my wife on our 2nd wedding anniversary?
Gifts for your Wife on your second wedding anniversary can again be traditional or modern, keep the romance alive. Of course you can always combine some gifts.
On a Budget
- Soft Cotton dressing gown (sexy or practical).
- Lily of the valley bouquet (traditional flower).
- Personalised romantic quote’s (many canvas prints available or make your own).
- China Picture Frame (include a photo you both cherish).
- China dish (full of her favourite sweets or chocolates).
2nd Wedding Anniversary gifts for Him & Her
Travel & Experience Gifts
- Location visit (to a cotton mill maybe).
- Short romantic hotel stay (Get a NICE hotel room with hot tub, etc).
- Show and Meal (romantic dinner for two please).
- Luxury afternoon tea for 2.
- Glamping break for two (under canvas).
- Pottery classes.
- Spa day for Him & her.
- Hotel and art classes.
Jewellery. Traditional gem is Garnet
- Tie Pin.
Something Different & Unique
- Learn a new craft or a course in shared interest (learn pottery together).
- Surprise short holiday.
- Start a traditional celebration. (Theatre, adventure day, etc).
- Helicopter ride.
Anniversary gifts, reflects the investment the couple gives to each other. It symbolizes the continuous growth of the couple’s commitment and an accumulation of time and love which can never be replaced.
Each Wedding Anniversary year carry its own precious valuable materials and symbolic value associated with it.
Enjoy and celebrate your 2nd year of marriage.