Traditional, Modern and Symbolic Anniversary Gifts
Below is a list of both traditional and modern gift materials, as well as classic flower and gemstone symbols, which mark a couple’s 29th wedding anniversary in countries around the world…
|Traditional Gift – UK||No Traditional Gift|
|Traditional Gift – US||No Traditional Gift|
|Traditional Gift – Spain||Garnet|
|Traditional Gift – Germany||Satin|
|Traditional Gift – Russia||Velvet|
|Traditional Gift – France||Velvet|
|Traditional Gift – Italy||Quartz|
About 29th Wedding Anniversaries
You might still be 12 months short of another major marriage milestone, but celebrating your 29th wedding anniversary is just as important as any other.
The numbers tell it all: on your 29th anniversary you would have been married for 10,585 days, or 254,040 hours, or 15,242,400 minutes – which is over 914 million seconds. Pretty impressive when it’s outlined like that in black and white figures.
How to Celebrate a 29th Wedding Anniversary
Unlike many of the other wedding anniversary dates, the 29th celebration is not usually associated with traditional symbols or materials. However, you can always be sure that jewellery or flowers will delight your loved one, especially if they are enamoured with certain types of flowers or gemstones.
The only modern item associated with a 29th wedding anniversary gift is furniture. As you have been with one another for almost 30 years, you will know exactly what the other likes when it comes to furniture. So maybe take advantage of this and buy a love seat for the living room – or some garden furniture if the warmer months are beckoning.
You have to have the right sort of stone. Peridot for mothers, girasol for lovers, sapphire for sadness and garnet for joy.” Quoted by: Catherynne M. Valente
29th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him, Her… and the Couple
There are hundreds of different types of furniture you can choose from, depending on personal tastes and preferences. As furniture can be a fashionably contemporary gift, why not splash out on something really chic to make a statement in your home – or help your celebrating friends with an item for their own home make-over.
Your choice this year could be a pleasant lead-up to next year’s 30th celebrations, so especially bear that in mind when buying a 29th wedding anniversary gift.
29th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him
What can I buy my husband for our 29th wedding anniversary?
If you need some inspiration, check out the suggestions below – or visit our other anniversary pages.
29th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Her
What should I buy my wife on our 29th wedding anniversary?
Featured below are some excellent gift ideas…
29th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him, Her… or Parents
Travel & Experience Gift Ideas
- Location visit
- Travel and activity gift vouchers (from Red Letter Days)
- Adventure days
- Food and drink (afternoon tea for two)
- Escape to the country (many locations to choose from)
- Luxury spa day for two
- Country house weekend getaway
- Venice Simplon-Orient-Express trip for two from London
The traditional 29th anniversary gemstone is garnet.
- Tie Pin
Something Different & Unique
- Arrange a London city break and take in some furniture museums – for example, Victoria & Albert or Geffrye Museum.
- Buy antique furniture to add a classic touch to your home, or support a local furniture maker producing creative modern pieces.
- Head out onto the country one weekend searching for unusual furniture in quaint and intriguing village shops.
- Attend one of the touring TV Antiques Roadshows in your area, and later enjoy celebratory refreshments in a cosy local pub.
Fun Facts About the Number 29
- Saturn requires over 29 years to orbit the Sun.
- February has 29 days (instead of 28) in leap years.
- In the Beatles song “She Loves You” the word “yeah” is said 29 times.
- A 29-sided shape is called an icosikaienneagon – try saying that after a glass or two of celebratory bubbly.
Soul-mates are people who bring out the best in you. They are not necessarily perfect but they are always perfect for you. And, after 29 years together, it is abundantly clear that you are great soul-mates.
Whatever you choose to buy for your 29th wedding anniversary, or however you choose to celebrate this special day, make sure it’s attuned to you and your partner’s shared soul qualities – something memorable they will adore.