Traditional, Modern and Symbolic Anniversary Gifts
Below is a list of both traditional and modern gift materials, as well as classic flower and gemstone symbols, which mark a couple’s 27th wedding anniversary in countries around the world…
|Traditional Gift – UK||No Traditional Gift|
|Traditional Gift – US||No Traditional Gift|
|Traditional Gift – Spain||Jet Stone|
|Traditional Gift – Germany||Mahogany|
|Traditional Gift – Russia||Mahogany|
|Traditional Gift – France||Mahogany|
|Traditional Gift – Italy||Jet Stone|
|Gemstone Gift||Jet Stone|
About 27th Wedding Anniversaries
There are no traditional symbols commemorating the 27th wedding anniversary – but that is no reason to be deterred. Twenty-seven years is an impressively long time to be married, and fully justifies a stylish and memorable celebration.
It is also a great time to be as sentimental, funny, abstract or romantic as you feel like being. No constraints: your 27th wedding anniversary is the ideal day for you to say – and demonstrate – exactly what you feel about your marriage. In a positive and nice way, of course.
As this is popularly known as the Sculpture Anniversary – with no traditional colours, flowers or gems (just modern-day ideas) associated with the 27th wedding anniversary – an excellent gift choice is a sculptural piece that will become a valued addition to your home.
Cheerful Smile Bouquet – £29.99, Flying Flowers
How to Celebrate a 27th Wedding Anniversary
Now is the perfect time to visit Rome and enjoy a romantic break while viewing all the magnificent sculptures that adorn this beautiful city.
Alternatively, you could take some sculpture lessons together during a weekend getaway, and artistically re-create a lasting image from your first date or initial wedding anniversary celebration.
If you do plan a romantic weekend away, accompany it with 27 roses, 27 hugs and kisses… and 27 reasons to stay married for another 27 years. After nearly three decades of marriage, spending quality time together alone may be the best anniversary gift possible for many couples. Family and friends will understand.
Even though there are no specific traditional gift options for the 27th wedding anniversary, you can still look for something that touches the heart.
Modern gift ideas for the 27th wedding anniversary feature music as well as sculptures, while generic gifts that are always an excellent choice for anniversaries include flowers, jewellery and furniture – or a moonlit dinner or romantic picnic.
Moonlight is sculpture; sunlight is painting.” Quoted by: Nathaniel Hawthorne
27th Wedding anniversary Gifts for Him & Her… and Parents
The couple celebrating their anniversary might already be avid collectors of figurines or pottery, so consider adding to their collection.
Or, if celebrating your own 27th wedding anniversary, perhaps start a new collection together. Otherwise, treat each other to a luxury spa day – always a winner.
Theme your parents’ gift around sculpture. It does not have to be an expensive gift: sculpture lessons at a craft centre would make a wonderful personal gift, or handmade figurines or pots from a local artisan.
If you think music or a sculpture won’t match their interests and tastes, give careful thought to other ideas that would be more appropriate for the happy couple.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT THE 27TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
Q: What is the 27th wedding anniversary called?
A: The 27th wedding anniversary does not have a traditional name for this year’s celebration.
Q: What is the 27th wedding anniversary gemstone?
A: The 27th wedding anniversary gemstone is jet stone. Usually black in colour, jet can be carved intricately and makes attractive jewellery pieces.
Q: What is the 27th wedding anniversary symbol?
A: There is no classic symbol for a 27th wedding anniversary, but the modern gift of sculpture can be used as a guide when considering anniversary gifts.
Q: What is the 27th wedding anniversary colour?
A: As the 27th wedding anniversary does not have a traditionally associated colour, you could go with black (coinciding with year’s jet gemstone) or opt for your own (or the couple’s) favourite colour.
Q: What are the traditional and modern gifts for a 27th wedding anniversary?
A: We do not have a traditional gift for a 27th wedding anniversary, but the modern gift this year is sculpture.
Q: What is the 27th year anniversary flower?
A: The 27th wedding anniversary flower is the cosmos genus, usually comprising annuals with colourful daisy-like flowers that sit atop long slender stems. A mixed bunch of flowers with daisies would be an appropriate flower gift this year.
27th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him
What can I buy my husband for our 27th wedding anniversary?
Personalised Sporting Gifts from – £10.99, Personalised Gift Shop
Ted Baker Black Dial Watch – £96.00, Acotis Diamonds
Engraved Boston Wide Decanter – £49.99, Gift Experience
Abstract Ring Silver Ceramic Sculpture – £34.95, Furniture In Fashion
Here are some great suggestions for your partner’s gift – and we have plenty more on our other anniversary pages.
Football History Gifts – £45.00, Toffs
Personalised Powerbank USB Notepad – £59.95, Prezzybox
Super Car Driving Experience Gift From – £59.00, Red Letter Days
Ted Baker Shoe Shine Kit – £47.99, Gift Experience
27th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Her
What should I buy my wife on our 27th wedding anniversary?
Swarovski Power Slake Jet Hem Bracelet – £44.25, Acotis Diamonds
Selection of Ladies’ Best-Selling Fragrances from – £23.50, Fragrances Direct
Nourishing Shea Premium Collection – £35.00, Body Shop
Ultimate Adrenaline Gift Box – £159.99, Red Letter Days
Looking for more gift suggestions? Check out other ideas below for her 27th anniversary gift.
Personalised Photo Phone Cases – £29.20, Snapfish
Wonderlust Blue Pagoda Keyring – £23.00, Wedgwood
Hand Hearts Sculpture – £59.95, Furniture In Fashion
Prestige Embroidered Luxury Towel Set – £ 45.00, PGS
27th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for the Couple… and Parents
Alex James Co. British Box of 4 – £25.00, Pong Cheese
The Pink ChocoLover Hamper – £25.00, Funky Hampers
Experience Days Gift Vouchers from – £50.00, Red Letter Days
Star Projection Alarm Clock – £21.99, Prezzybox
Aynsley Tea Sets – £49.00, Belleek
Family Photoshoot UK-Wide – £20.00, Gift Experience
Experience Day Gifts for All
Travel & Experience Gifts
- Location visit (quiet getaway for two or include the family)
- Travel and activity gift vouchers (from Red Letter Days)
- Adventure days
- Food and drink (whisky-blending master class)
- Escape to the country (many locations to choose from)
- Tour, pottery class and lunch at the World of Wedgwood
- Create your own 3D pet experience
The traditional 27th wedding anniversary gemstone is jet stone.
- Tie Pin
Something Different & Unique
- Plan a UK city break, taking in a pottery art gallery visit.
- Buy a “statement” garden sculpture – which can be just about any material (provided it is weather-proof).
- One for the intrepid… travel to remote Easter Island in the Pacific to admire its nearly 1,000 monumental statues carved by the early Rapa Nui people.
- Or visit one of the world’s most famous sculptures… the Great Sphinx of Giza (Egypt), China’s Terracotta Army or the Tian Tan Buddha in Hong Kong.
There have been so many happy memories over the past 27 years. Now is the time to start making and enjoying even more in the years to come.
5 of the World’s Most Expensive and Iconic Sculptures
Clearly beyond the means of most couples celebrating their 27th wedding anniversary, but we can always aspire to winning the lottery and being able to place an evocative piece of sculpture on the mantelpiece or coffee table. With these mulli-million-dollar examples below, however, probably best to put them away in a safe place if hosting a rowdy celebratory party at home…
- The most expensive sculpture sold at auction is Alberto Giacometti’s “L’homme au doigt (“The Pointing Man”), which was cast in bronze in 1947, is believed to be the only one hand-painted by the artist, and was sold to a private buyer in 2015 for $141.3 million.
- In creating “La jeune fille sophistiquée” (“Portrait de Nancy Cunard”) between 1928 and 1932, Constantin Brancusi was inspired by the British-born heir to the Cunard shipping fortune, who was known for flouting social customs and was romantically linked with (and a muse to) writers Louis Aragon and Ezra Pound. The sculpture was sold in 2018 for $71.2 million.
- A limestone sculpture created by Italian Amedeo Modigliani between 1910 and 1912, Tête ($59.5 million) features a head inspired by African geometric designs.
- Jeff Koons’ “Balloon Dog” is the most expensive sculpture sold by a living artist, created as part of his “Celebration” series and bought in 2013 by a private collector for a cool $58.4 million.
- Dating to a more venerable era, the “Guennol Lioness” is a 5,000-year-old Mesopotamian statue that was discovered near Baghdad and sold for $57.2 million in 2007.