Traditional, Modern and Symbolic Anniversary Gifts
Below is a list of both traditional and modern gift materials, as well as classic flower and gemstone symbols, which mark a couple’s 25th wedding anniversary in countries around the world…
|Traditional Gift – UK||Silver|
|Traditional Gift – US||Silver|
|Traditional Gift – Spain||Silver|
|Traditional Gift – Germany||Silver|
|Traditional Gift – Russia||Silver|
|Traditional Gift – France||Silver|
|Traditional Gift – Italy||Silver|
About 25th Wedding Anniversaries
Your 25th wedding anniversary is a momentous and joyous celebration. After a quarter-century together, your relationship is a shining example of love and commitment – so an especially effusive congratulations for this year’s milestone.
The 25th year of marriage is appropriately celebrated as the Silver Anniversary, symbolic of one of the most precious metals known to man and prized the world over for thousands of years.
Like silver, may your marriage continue to shine through many more days of splendour and radiance as you happily grow older together.
How to Celebrate Your 25th wedding Anniversary
Planning a 25th wedding anniversary is an exciting task, full of fascinating options. A Silver Anniversary is an occasion that any couple should be hugely proud of, and it deserves to be celebrated in grand style.
Many couples choose to celebrate their 25th anniversary with an intimate gathering of those they love. Some plan an exquisite luxury holiday, while others opt for quiet night at home together, with a celebratory bottle of Champagne and a candlelit dinner.
10 Fun Facts about Silver
- The word “silver” comes from the Anglo-Saxon word for the element (“seolfor”), and its symbol Ag derives from the Latin word for silver (“argentum”).
- Silver was one of the first five metals discovered – together with gold, copper, lead, and iron – and some silver objects have been found that date as far back as 4000 BC.
- Silver is the most reflective metal, reflecting 95 per cent of the visible light spectrum when polished. Its reflective properties are, most notably, used to coat mirrors, but also for other objects including telescopes, microscopes and solar panels.
- It is also the best electric conductor of all the elements – used as the standard by which other conductors are measured. Silver ranks 100 in terms of electrical conductivity on a scale of 0 to 100, while copper is 97th and gold 76th.
- The world’s major producer of silver is Mexico, followed by Peru and China, and the largest silver mine in the world is KGHM Polska Miedź (Poland), which produced just over 39 million ounces in 2020.
- Valued higher than gold in ancient Egypt, silver was the first metal to be used as currency. The words for silver and money are the same in at least 14 global languages.
- King Henry II coined the first silver currency in England in 1158. The first silver US dollar coin was minted in 1794, and one sold for just under $5 million in a 2015 auction.
- The phrase “born with a silver spoon in his/her mouth” originally referred to people who never seemed to become sick, thanks to silver’s germ-killing properties. In times past, silver spoons were a luxury for the more wealthy families, and their children typically enjoyed better health as babies.
- In existence since the 13th century and originating in England, sterling silver is the most common form of silver – comprising 92.5 per cent pure silver and 7.5 per cent other metals including copper.
- Silver is believed to be the only way to defeat a werewolf, if you happen to find yourself in that awkward (and presumably rare) situation.
Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” Quoted by: Marcel Proust
25th wedding anniversary gifts for Him, Her… and the Couple
For something symbolic, any gift made of silver or silver in colour would be appropriate. But 25th wedding anniversary gifts don’t necessarily have to be silver products. You can, for example, simply use a silver theme to open up many more creative doors for ideas.
The traditional flower is the iris, representing promise, faith, hope, wisdom and valour, and sending a clear message of how much your partner’s love and enduring passion means to you.
25th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him
What can I buy my husband for our 25th wedding anniversary? Here are some traditional gift suggestions…
Traditional and modern gifts for a 25th wedding anniversary…
25th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Her
What should I buy my wife on our 25th wedding anniversary?
Check out suggestions on our other anniversary pages for even more inspirational gifts if you cannot find exactly what you want here. We have hundreds of gift ideas.
25th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him, Her… and Parents
Sometimes, the best gifts are handmade. Why not let your creativity run free, and make something that features silver.
A silver-framed scrapbook, a handmade card laced with silver decorations or your own self-designed piece of silver jewellery… these are all long-lasting gifts that will be much-appreciated and cherished.
Personal inscriptions add a special touch, all the more romantic if you use a poignant quote or a verse of personalised poetry.
Travel & Experience Gifts
- Location visit (quiet getaway for two or include the family)
- Travel & Activity gift vouchers (From Red Letter Days)
- Adventure days
- Food and drink (gastronomic break for two)
- Escape to the country (many locations to choose from)
- Luxury spa day for two at Champneys (UK-wide locations)
- Outdoor activities (drive a vintage car, balloon rides…)
- Dance lessons and music
The traditional 25th wedding anniversary gemstones are tsavorite and silver.
- Tie Pin
Something Different & Unique
- Enjoy a UK city break, including a visit to a specialist silversmith shop to buy matching anniversary pieces.
- Invite family and friends to a silver-themed fancy-dress party.
- Buy a silver tea set and christen it with a sumptuous celebration dinner.
- Renew your wedding vows and exchange new silver rings to mark the occasion.
Twenty-five years or a quarter-century… However you phrase it, this year’s anniversary has a wonderful ring to it. So make sure you enjoy a sublime day that provides rich memories until your next major anniversary milestone.