Traditional, Modern and Symbolic Anniversary Gifts
Below is a list of both traditional and modern gift materials, as well as classic flower and gemstone symbols, which mark a couple’s 22nd wedding anniversary in countries around the world…
|Traditional Gift – UK||Copper|
|Traditional Gift – US||Copper|
|Traditional Gift – Spain||Copper|
|Traditional Gift – Germany||Bronze|
|Traditional Gift – Russia||Bronze|
|Traditional Gift – France||Bronze|
|Traditional Gift – Italy||Copper|
|Flower Gift||Mixed Floral Bouquet|
About 22nd Wedding Anniversaries
Your 22nd wedding anniversary might not seem particularly special – if only considering its numerical significance. However, every year of a successful marriage deserves to be recognised in style, with the same passion and pressure as those coming before (and after).
Celebrate your 22nd anniversary with the beauty and durability of copper – symbolising prosperity, perfection and good fortune.
This versatile metal is fitting as both a traditional and a modern theme for your 22nd wedding anniversary, as it can be used in everything from coins and jewellery to cookware and home goods.
Just how you celebrate will, as always in life, depend on your respective personalities, the amount of time you have available and your budget.
Floral Ratatouille Bouquet – £29.99, Serenata Flowers
How to Celebrate Your 22nd Wedding Anniversary
Book a trip to somewhere you both are keen to visit. If you want to incorporate the traditional copper material (and your budget can stretch to overseas travel), you could visit a country known for its high copper production. Such as Chile, for example, which has the largest copper reserves in the world.
For 22 years, your relationship has no doubt made it through many challenges, and proven to be quite versatile. Celebrate this resilience with gifts you can enjoy together, like kitchen goods for cooking a sumptuous anniversary dinner or adding some modern décor touches to your home.
There are no symbolic anniversary flowers for this anniversary, but you can still choose a lovely mixed floral bouquet.
For a colour-themed party, the traditional shade is green. The colour of nature, it symbolises growth, harmony, freshness and fertility. Green has a strong emotional correspondence with safety, and dark green is also commonly associated with money.
Through love all that is bitter will be sweet… Through love all that is copper will be gold…” Quoted by: Rumi
22nd Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him, Her… and the Couple
The traditional symbolic gemstone is spinel. Its red variety is considered to enhance vitality, while green and pink spinel are said to encourage love and compassion.
Violet spinel is associated with spiritual development and yellow is linked to the intellect. So, with such diversity, this gemstone would make a perfect and traditional 22nd wedding anniversary gift for any couple.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT THE 22nd WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
Q: What is the 22nd wedding anniversary called?
A: Although the 22nd wedding anniversary does not have a popular name, we link it with the traditional gift of copper.
Q: What is the 22nd wedding anniversary gemstone?
A: The 22nd wedding anniversary gemstone is spinel (often confused with ruby spinel), which can be found in a rainbow of hues.
Q: What is the 22nd wedding anniversary symbol?
A: The 22nd wedding anniversary symbol is copper – you can use copper colours or materials for this anniversary gift.
Q: What is the 22nd wedding anniversary colour?
A: The 22nd wedding anniversary colour is copper green, also known as verdigris and derived from copper being exposed to weathering.
Q: What are the traditional and modern gifts for a 22nd wedding anniversary?
A: The modern gift for a 22nd wedding anniversary is copper, and this can include garden furniture, pots, and copper-coloured ties and jewellery.
Q: What is the 22nd year anniversary flower?
A: The 22nd wedding anniversary flower is a mixed floral bouquet.
22nd Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him
What can I buy my husband for our 22nd wedding anniversary?
Men’s Extra Long Copper Coloured Tie – £14.99, Ties Planet
Gingko Mi Pocket Bluetooth Speaker – £39.95, Prezzybox
Guess Gent’s Copper Chronograph Watch – £107.40, Acotis
Personalised Brass Traveller’s Compass – £36.95, Prezzybox
Here are a few more suggestions for his 22nd anniversary gift. If your partner is a sporting man, check out our personalised sports gifts.
Bluetooth Speaker, Wireless Charger Alarm Clock – £25.00, Menkind
Engraved Gold Plated Cufflinks – £24.99, Gift Experience
Personalised Sports Gifts from – £10.99, Personalised Gift Shop
Build Your Own Haynes Retro Radio – £22.00, Menkind
22nd Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Her
What should I buy my wife on our 22nd wedding anniversary? Here are a few great ideas that suit most budgets.
Thomas Sabo Sterling Silver Love & Peace Charm – £139.00, Acotis Diamonds
Trollbeads Namaste Bangle Stack – £149.00, Acotis Diamonds
Personalised Luxe Trowel and Fork Set – £45.99, Personalised Gift Shop
Filigree Butterfly Glass Jewellery Hanger – £23.99, Gift Experience
Need a few more gift suggestions for your partner on this 22nd anniversary? We have more below to help you decide, plus hundreds of additional ideas on our other anniversary pages.
Happy Anniversary Figurine – £51.95, The Gift Experience
Objets d’Art Glass Vase Blue & Bronze – £33.99, Gift Experience
Table for Two Gift Box – £59.99, Red Letter Days
Personalised Prosecco & Chocolates – £41.95, Prezzybox
22nd Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him & Her… and Parents
Here are some gift suggestions that would delight any happy couple celebrating their 22nd wedding anniversary – including your parents.
G&B Chocolate & Wines Hamper – £50.00, G&B
The Classic Cheese Hamper – £69.95, Pong Cheese
Wine Tasting & Vineyard Tours – £35, Red Letter Days
Ultimate Moments Gift Box – £129.99, Red Letter Days
And for those seeking lower-budget and fun anniversary gifts…
Mixed Bouquet of Flowers – £27.99, Flying Flowers
Personalised Ladybird Books For Adults – £14.99, Gift Experience
Food & Drink Gifts Hampers From – £14.99, Funky Hampers
100 Movies Scratch Off Poster – £ 12.99, Personalised Gift Shop
Experience Day Gifts For All
Travel & Experience Gifts
- Location visit (copper has historically been mined extensively in the UK and Ireland)
- Travel and activity gift vouchers (from Red Letter Days)
- Pleasure flight (hot air balloon or helicopter)
- Food and drink (beer or wine tasting with meal)
- Escape to the country (many locations to choose from)
- Luxury spa day for two
- Adventure sports days (for the active couple or family)
- Monster truck and tank driving
The traditional 22nd wedding anniversary gemstone is red spinel.
- Tie Pin
Something Different & Unique
- Plan a UK break to discover a city you haven’t visited yet, or one you haven’t returned to for… 22 years.
- Buy some copper instruments – they would make a great conversation piece, or you could even learn to play one.
- Arrange a surprise week away (for just the two of you or take the family).
- Always a winner… invite family and friends to a celebration party at home or in a favourite local restaurant.
Whether you exchange traditional gifts or plan a weekend getaway, keep the focus on your love and spending quality time together.
10 Things You Might Not Know About Chile
So you’re intrigued about the idea of visiting the world’s largest copper reserves in Chile? Here are some interesting facts to help you prepare for your travels…
- The origin of the name “Chile” is thought to derive from the indigenous Aimara word “chili”, meaning “where the land ends”.
- Chile is one of the longest countries in the world (4,329 kilometres from north to south), and perhaps the narrowest (average width of 180 kilometres).
- This, as Chilean tourism authorities like to point out, means you can ski and surf on the same day – for example, the former at Valle Nevado, El Colorado or Portillo, and the latter at Chile’s surfing capital, Pichilemu, three to four hours away by road.
- One of Chile’s most famous landmarks is Easter Island, a “moai” island 3,500 kilometres off the coast that comprises more than seven kilometres of subterranean lava tunnels and is home to one of the most extensive cave systems on the planet.
- Prosperous Valparaiso is Chile’s chief port and a trans-Andean railroad terminus, and its historical centre was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2003.
- The driest place on Earth is Chile’ Atacama Desert, 2,300 metres high and extending through a 1,000-kilometre long strip of land between the Andes Mountains and Pacific Ocean.
- Located within the Ring of Fire, Chile is believed to have as many as 80 to 90 active volcanoes – and 2,900 in total.
- Penguin colonies, with thousands of breeding pairs, can be found in several areas of Chile, usually lounging on the beach and commuting to nearby nests.
- Chilean wine is highly valued among connoisseurs, with the country being the world’s seventh largest producer. The first wine grapes (now most commonly Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Carmenère) were planted in Chile in 1554, brought by Spanish Conquistadores.
- Chile’s national liquor is “pisco”, a type of brandy produced in the Atacama and Coquimbo regions and used in such classic Chilean cocktails as pisco sour and piscola.