Traditional & Modern Anniversary Gifts
|Traditional Gift – UK||Ivory|
|Traditional Gift – US||Ivory|
|Traditional Gift – Spain||Ivory|
|Traditional Gift – Germany||Ivory|
|Traditional Gift – Russia||Agate|
|Traditional Gift – France||Lead|
|Traditional Gift – Italy||Ivory|
|Modern Gift||Gold Jewellery|
About 14th Wedding Anniversaries
- What is the 14th wedding anniversary called?
- How to celebrate your 14th wedding anniversary
- Gift ideas
- Gifts for him
- Gifts for her
- Gifts for couple/parents
It is your 14th wedding anniversary, also known as the ivory anniversary. Ivory, rare and beautiful, is a precious commodity that signifies the integrity and fidelity of the marriage relationship and the loyalty and devotion shared by two people. These are qualities worthy of both commemoration and celebration.
Because of the threat to elephant populations, the US has already banned the import of ivory products and the UK is close to applying a near/total ban too.
You can buy legal ivory products but they can be very expensive and here at My Wedding Anniversary we like to focus on the most ethical gifts that couples can give to each other.
Below we have outlined some associated gift ideas and also some unique ideas to make your 14th anniversary a special one.
The precious metal for the 14th anniversary is gold, symbol of both wealth and optimism, but also good health. Gold jewellery is a great idea for a 14 year wedding anniversary gift and there are plenty of options, like necklaces, earrings, rings and bracelets, cuff links watches and tie pins.
The traditional gift is the clock, and gifts range from carriage clocks to more modern clocks for your home. There are some great designer clocks to choose from. By using the themes of gold, ivory, and clocks as your inspiration, you’ll be sure to find the perfect 14 year wedding anniversary gift for your partner.
The orchid, delicate and graceful, represents luxury, love, beauty and strength is the flower for the 14th wedding anniversary and a bouquet of orchids would make a wonderful gift. Another flower is the dahlia, also representative of strength and because they have a variety of shapes and colours would make a stunning alternative to the orchid.Both the opal, the stone believed to show your emotion when worn close to the skin and moss agate considered to have mystical healing powers, are the gemstones for the 14th wedding anniversary, and both stones would make ideal jewellery gifts.
What can I buy my husband for our 14th wedding anniversary?
Ivory cannot be given as a gift in these modern days, consider ivory colours.
On a Budget. Traditional & Modern
- Sport clock (for example, favourite rugby or football team).
- Modern watch (sports team).
- Sporting fun figures.
- Elephant pendant with leather necklace.
- Elephant key ring.
- Personalised cushion.
What should I buy my wife on our 14th wedding anniversary?
On a Budget
- Ivory coloured flowers bouquet.
- Elephant Pendant.
- Elephant figurine.
- Modern Elephant themed watch.
- Ivory coloured nightware.
- Ivory personalised photo frame.
Travel & Experience Gifts
- Location visit, such as a safari. Caution: Very expensive !
- Travel Gift Vouchers (a bit cheaper)
- Special 14th wedding anniversary location and meal.
- Luxury afternoon tea for 2 after visiting a zoo.
- Family Wildlife Experience.
- Luxury Spa Day for Two.
- Cocktail Making & Spirits.
Jewellery. Traditional gem is Opal, Moss Agate and Gold
- Themed earrings such as ivory coloured one.
- Gold eternity ring.
- Tie Pin.
Something Different & Unique
- Visit a wildlife park followed by lunch afterwards, of course.
- Elephant Garden Sculpture.
- Surprise weekend away.
- Celebration Party at home or a local pub or restaurant…always popular!
Whatever the gift and however you decide to celebrate, do it with love and romance and always enjoy.