Traditional & Modern Anniversary Gifts
|Traditional Gift – UK||Leather|
|Traditional Gift – US||Leather|
|Traditional Gift – Spain||Leather|
|Traditional Gift – Germany||Leather|
|Traditional Gift – Russia||Leather|
|Traditional Gift – France||Wheat|
|Traditional Gift – Italy||Leather|
|Gemstone Gift||Crystal and Jade|
|Modern Gift||Crystal and Glass|
About 3rd Wedding Anniversaries
This being your 3rd wedding anniversary also known as the Leather anniversary which is durable, warm, strong and flexible and shows stability in the relationship. The 3rd wedding anniversary is often when a couple is aware of their durability of their relationship.
What is the 3rd Wedding Anniversary name & Symbol?
That is why leather is the traditional gift for this celebration. For the modernists out there, the symbol is crystal glass. Crystal – Is a gentle reminder of how a couple can touch the lives of others.
3rd Wedding anniversary Gifts for Him, Her and the Couple
Both the 3rd wedding anniversary symbols of leather and crystal lend themselves to some creative interpretations. The perfect 3 year anniversary gift for your partner can be a challenge so instead of just buying a leather or crystal 3 year anniversary gift, why not go and visit the tanneries in Morocco or the glass blowers of Waterford, Ireland?
3rd anniversary flowers are the Fuchsia and the Lily of the Valley. The Fuchsia, represents humble love, good taste, and confiding love, whilst the Lily of the Valley, represents happiness and mental powers.
Colours are white, traditionally meaning innocence, but also wholeness and completeness or jade green, being the colour of growth and balance with the gemstones of Crystal, linked with healing and renewing powers or Jade, historically used to attract love.
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” Quoted by: Lao Tzu
How to celebrate 3rd wedding anniversary
A 3rd anniversary gift doesn’t have to cost the earth, it is the sentiment that counts, so an alternative would be to plan a movie night and watch your wedding video. Put together a gift basket that has a variety of Fuchsia plants, along with a pair of leather garden gloves, and a coupon on jade green paper stating your willingness to help get the small plants in the soil.
3rd Wedding anniversary gifts for Him
What can I buy my husband for our 3rd wedding anniversary?
Traditionally the 3rd wedding anniversary gift is leather, you will find that a few other modern anniversary gifts have crystal and glass, the 3rd wedding anniversary being one of them.
On a Budget. Traditional & Modern
- Leather device holder (phone, tablet or passport holder).
- New Leather Wallet (personalised).
- Leather footwear (not romantic but practical).
- Leather Belt.
- Leather bound scrap book (especially if you’re expecting or have children).
3rd Wedding anniversary gifts for Her
What should I buy my wife on our 3rd wedding anniversary?
Traditional gifts for your Wife celebrating a third wedding anniversary, fear no more, just a few ideas to help you buy the perfect gift. *You can always use faux leather*
On a Budget
- Leather Shoes (most ladies will approve of this suggestion).
- Card & Bouquet of White Fuchsias (traditional flower white Fuchsias, include romantic quote in the card).
- New leather Purse.
- Leather gloves (made from soft or faux leather).
- Personalised make up bag.
- Crystal Perfume bottle.
3rd Wedding Anniversary gifts for Him & Her
Travel & Experience Gifts
- Location visit (leather goods themed).
- Short romantic hotel stay (NICE hotel room with hot tub, etc).
- 3 course dinner (visit that restaurant with great reviews).
- Luxury afternoon tea for 2.
- Adrenaline day for 2.
- Luxury Moroccan Spa Day for Two.
- Luxury Hotel and Wine testing.
Jewellery. Traditional gem is Crystal or Jade
- Tie Pin.
Something Different & Unique
- Learn a new craft or a course in shared interest (leather goods or glass making).
- Don’t believe in wearing leather, make a donation to an animal charity or adopt an animal.
- Surprise short holiday to the tanneries in Morocco.
- Start a traditional celebration. (Theatre, adventure day, picnic etc).
Whatever you decide, celebrate your 3rd anniversary with love.